5 Steps to faster recovery after gynecomastia surgery
If you’ve had to deal with enlarged male breasts, and have decided to have gynecomastia surgery to help you to look and feel the way you should, let us help you with 5 steps for a safe, and quick recovery.
How to recover after gynecomastia surgery
Your doctor will advise you on exactly the right after-care for yourself, but five steps to help yourself recover better after gynecomastia surgery are:
- Ensure you get plenty of rest after your gynecomastia surgery – even though male breast reduction surgery is a lot less invasive than other surgeries, your body will still need time to rest and heal. Resting helps your body to devote its energy to the healing process. Sufficient sleep and adequate rest as advised by the doctor is essential.
- Resting sitting upright – as you rest it is best to sit upright or keep upright on pillows as this will help to reduce the swelling in the area around your operation wound site.
- Limit your movements – even though you may be eager to return to exercise or physical activity after your gynecomastia surgery, it is important to not do too much too soon. The doctor will advise you when you can resume normal physical activity based on your specific conditions after surgery.
- Compression garment – your doctor may recommend that you wear a pressure garment after your surgery to help reduce the bruising and swelling after your gynecomastia surgery. The gynecomastia surgery aftercare compression garment, besides providing support to the healing tissues, will help to improve the aesthetic outcome of your surgery. Your doctor will advise you specifically on the correct garment for you to wear and for how long you need to wear it after surgery.
- Keep your wound site clean and dry – In the first few days after your operation it is very important that your dressings over your surgery site stay clean and dry. This helps to reduce the risk of infection in the wound. You may need to go to your surgeon’s office for a checkup and they may take off or change the dressings after a few days.
Your doctor will give you specific guidelines as to when you can return to work, to exercise and what exactly you should do for the best recovery after gynecomastia surgery, based on your specific conditions and circumstances after your operation. It is so important that you follow the specific guidelines given to you by your doctor to ensure the that you have the best recovery possible.
At American Hospital Bangalore your doctors are experienced and caring health professionals who are very skilled with gynecomastia surgeries and their recovery times. The gynecomastia surgery team will always give you exceptional after care to ensure you have a faster healing time after gynecomastia surgery. It is important to have your gynecomastia surgery in Bangalore at a safe, clean and reputable hospital like the American Hospital Bangalore as this will ensure a safer and quicker recovery from your gynecomastia surgery.