Early abortion options for unmarried girls in Dubai, UAE
Early abortion options for unmarried girls in Dubai, UAE
In the holiday and business hub, Dubai, UAE, unmarried girls have been facing immense challenges with unplanned pregnancies. After a long struggle, some of the rules for unmarried couples got easier. However, unmarried girl pregnancy status is still unclear. Unmarried couples seeking abortions in Dubai or anywhere in the UAE are still not clear of their available options.
This post intends to help you get to know your safe abortion options. Since UAE does not permit abortions legally for contraceptive failure, you can fly to Bangalore, India. You can obtain a safe, legal and confidential abortion as a part of a short abortion trip. Later you can return happily with a successful procedure.
Since abortion decision is yours, you should make a well-informed decision. We are there to help you get answers to queries clouding your minds. But the final decision is for you to make.
UAE laws for unmarried couples: What has changed?
As mentioned above, some recent developments have been there in the laws. Some of these are:
- The cohabitation of a woman and man without marriage was considered a criminal offence in the UAE. It has been decriminalized. So, if you have been cohabiting with a partner without marriage, the law cannot punish you anymore.
- Premarital sex was also deemed to be a criminal offence until its latest decriminalization. So, you can get into sexual intimacy without marriage. But, if this intimacy results in a pregnancy, you cannot obtain a legal abortion in the UAE.
- You can expect not to to receive deportation or imprisonment for getting pregnant as an unmarried girl.
Although, some changes come as relaxing. But they only help you know that you are not a criminal in Dubai if you get pregnant as an unmarried girl. But, abortion in Dubai is still a criminal offence. You may have to go to jail. Or even face deportation in case you are found to be seeking an abortion in Dubai as an unmarried girl.
Even if you choose to take the pregnancy ahead, the child will not receive a birth certificate without your marriage certificate. Health insurers may not cover the maternity of unmarried.
“Under the UAE law, marriage is the only legal bond for a man and a woman to establish a relationship and form a family. The man and woman must be legally married to each other to get legal recognition for their child.”
98 out of 100 unwed girls struggling with unwanted pregnancies seek pregnancy termination as the earliest choice. And if you too are one such girl, you are at the right place.
UAE laws for abortion of unmarried girls: Nothing changed!
Contraceptive failure is a major reason resulting in unwanted pregnancies. And a woman or a couple may consider abortion as a birth control measure when other methods seemed to fail.
But the UAE laws do not allow abortion in any circumstance except in two conditions. These are to save the woman’s life and in case of some fetal anomalies. However, these are also available options only for a limited period, i.e., 120 days and only to married couples. Moreover, abortion is available only with the consent of the husband.
So, where do unmarried girls suffering from similar pain seek help? And for the very same reason of contraceptive failure, even married women have no choice. Where should they go?
Dubai and other cities of the UAE like Sharjah, Ras Al Khaimah, Al Ain, Ajman, Abu Dhabi, Fujairah have a mass population of expatriates. Many of them are Malayali families from Kerala, India. When they get stuck by such unprecedented circumstances, they travel to their home country India for abortion.
However, Malayali women living in the Middle East countries choose to get abortions in Bangalore at the American Hospital Bangalore (AHB). They choose AHB rather than their native cities like Trivandrum, Cochin, Thrissur, Palakkad, Ernakulam, Calicut, Kottayam and others.
You too can obtain a legal abortion in Bangalore, India either as a Non-Resident Indian, as an ex-pat or even as a foreigner. Indian abortion law is quite progressive and women-friendly. It permits legal abortions for various reasons, contraceptive failure also being one of them.
In India, you can obtain an abortion as an unmarried girl. You can obtain it with your consent only if you are above 18 years.
How to plan abortion in India for an unmarried girl in Dubai?
Unmarried and pregnant in a country where abortion is illegal is no less than a nightmare. The biggest question: If you plan to have an abortion in a country where abortion is legal, how to do so?
You know that you can obtain a legal abortion in India. But you have only the first 20 weeks into your pregnancy for an abortion. Getting abortion pills for sale in Dubai may come to you as an early choice. But we may recommend you never to self-administer abortion pills without proper consultation.
Although abortion pills are safe, they carry immense risks, especially when you buy them through online chatrooms. Illegal suppliers may trick you for some wrong set of medicines. Then, there are many complications like incomplete abortion, heavy bleeding, ectopic pregnancy, infections, etc. And you may not be able to manage them again for the same reason that abortion in the UAE is illegal.
So, let’s start sorting the things so that they fall in line and you can make a planned move.
Some of the important things you need to know are:
Abortion in India is available for up to 20 weeks normally. How far are you in your pregnancy? Check the number of weeks you have exceeded since your Last Menstrual Period (LMP). LMP is the first. i.e., the starting date of your last menstrual period.
Any trouble calculating? Just drop a message with your LMP in the comment box or on our helpline WhatsApp number. We shall get back to you at the earliest with your approximate length of pregnancy and your early abortion options.
This will help you determine the time left for you to travel to India for an abortion. Once you know this, let’s move ahead.
The next thing is the VISA clearance. If you are NRI or have an OCI card, you do not need VISA for travelling to India. In case you are a foreign patient, you can easily get an eVISA instantly through an online portal.
Scheduling the travel from Dubai to India:
After you get a VISA, next is the travel bookings. Now, can you just blindly book tickets to India, drop in there and go to any hospital to seek an abortion?
But remember, abortion care is not the same in all the hospitals. And you may not receive similar attention as you may be expecting. When you are looking for a convenient abortion, you may also want the best abortion care.
It includes no waiting period, proper pre-abortion consultation, painless, short and efficient procedure. Of course, you may want to return to Dubai after a successful abortion.
You can check out the next available flights from Dubai to India.
If all this planning seems a bit confusing, you can call the helpline number of American Hospital Bangalore. The hospital is a premier boutique hospital that offers VIP services to foreign patients. Many women living in the Middle East have been obtaining safe abortions at AHB. They prefer to avail of AHB’s special services for foreign patients.
The hospital can provide you with a coordinator. You can stay in touch with him/her. You will receive all the help you need in your travel bookings, homestay options, abortion appointment and also in local travel by Uber. It can be a hassle-free experience for you. It can be as easy as ordering something online and being delivered to your doorstep. So, what are you waiting for? You really cannot afford to delay and the time clock never stops ticking.
Short stay in Bangalore:
You can browse across various homestays for as short as a day or two to as long as up to a week. You can choose the one that fits your criteria. This may depend on the procedure you are going to avail of for your abortion. This further depends on how far you are in your pregnancy. Earlier you are, more are the options available in hand.
Still, for an approximate idea, if you choose abortion pills, you may need to wait. This period may be for up to a few days to be sure that your abortion is complete. Moreover, the abortion will take place at your place. So, you may need to book for quite a long time.
However, if you obtain a Gentle Care suction abortion, then you need to stay only overnight. Or until you can take the next flight. The same stands true if you obtain a Gentle Care surgical abortion. You can book the homestay in Bangalore only for a couple of days until your return flight.
Again, any trouble reaching the best stay option for you, your coordinator is your genie here! He/She shall have one booked for you as per your approximate pregnancy length.
As mentioned earlier that you may not want to blindly visit any hospital. You may need multiple appointments. There may be a huge waiting period and all your plans may shatter. Any further delay may miss your legally available abortion mark.
Since we are speaking of the best abortion hospital in India, you can obtain a personalized abortion experience. Your coordinator, available only as a part of VIP service at AHB can have all things pre-booked and sorted for you.
When you land in Bangalore, India, your coordinator can hire a local cab. It will take you directly from the airport to your pre-booked homestay or hotel near the hospital. At the time of your abortion appointment, again some means of local transport will be ready. It will depend on how far your location is from the hospital. So, you can just get in your ride and reach the hospital on time.
When you arrive at the hospital, the first impression will be very relaxing, calming and warming. You will feel like coming to a family-like hospital. All doctors and nurses at AHB are friendly, caring, compassionate and professionally top-notch.
Next, you can obtain a private one-on-one consultation with the doctor. She shall take down your medical notes to ensure that you get the best abortion care. Moreover, this is essential to prevent any complications.
Some normal routine tests can be taken at a nearby lab. Their reports will help the doctor decide the best abortion method for you. The doctor will explain you all the procedural details. And answer your queries before proceeding ahead. Then, you can obtain a single-appointment, short, quick, safe and confidential abortion.
When you leave the hospital premises, you will confidently return knowing that your pregnancy is over.
Unmarried girl early abortion options at American Hospital Bangalore:
Once you receive pre-abortion consultation, the doctor shall prescribe you the abortion method that is the best for you. For normal or intrauterine pregnancies, the World Health Organization (WHO) recommends three safe abortion methods.
The prescription of abortion method depends largely on your pregnancy length. The risks of ectopic and molar pregnancies are ruled out. The three methods are:
- A medical abortion with safe abortion pills is available up to 6-8 weeks into your pregnancy.
- The vacuum Aspiration abortion method is available for up to 12 weeks into your pregnancy. At AHB, the hospital has pioneered the Gentle Care suction abortion. It is a kind of Manual vacuum aspiration done gently to keep you, your health and your life safe.
- Surgical abortion method available for up to 20 weeks into your pregnancy. Most general hospitals use the Dilatation and Curettage (D&C) method of surgical abortion. However, the AHB abortion team has exclusively pioneered its Gentle Care Surgical abortion. The hospital uses Dilatation and Evacuation (D&E) gently to make a surgical experience gentle.
Let’s get to know about each method at American Hospital Bangalore (AHB). We are mentioning them from the perspective of an unmarried girl from Dubai.
The medical abortion method at AHB, Bangalore, India:
When you arrive at the hospital, the doctor shall check your eligibility for prescribing you abortion pills. Certain criteria that go in this consideration are:
- Your pregnancy length is less than 8 weeks.
- You are not allergic to any ingredient of abortion pills.
- You are ready to wait for a longer duration. It can be up to a week before you are sure that abortion is complete.
- If you are suffering from any co-existing medical condition, the doctor may check whether you can take abortion pills. For instance, patients with hypertension take blood thinners. Similarly, lupus patients, Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) patients and other patients with acute/chronic conditions are not eligible for abortion pills. These may pose risk to your health.
- If you are on certain medication that can impair how abortion pills will behave in your body; the doctor may offer you another abortion method.
If you choose to go ahead with a medical abortion once the doctor says that you are eligible, remember:
- Abortion pills are not more than 98% efficient. There is always a small probability of incomplete abortion. You may need a short surgery in such a case to complete the abortion.
- Abortion with pills is the natural method of inducing a miscarriage. In such a case, you can expect some abdominal cramping and accompanying pain. It may continue as you pass out the pregnancy.
- You may need to stay in the hotel or homestay at least for 3-4 days. But you can be sure of a complete abortion only after you stop bleeding.
What if you choose medical abortion at AHB?
AHB respects patient discretion in all circumstances. If you are eligible and choose to abort your pregnancy with pills, then the doctor will give you the first medicine. Before that, the doctor will evaluate your condition to select the best dose and mode of administration.
You can take the medicine orally at the clinic. Or if the doctor may seem fit, she may insert it vaginally. After that, you can return to your booked room. You may not feel anything as of now.
Before you leave the hospital, the doctor may give you another medicine as well. You will receive directions on when to take it within the next 24-72 hours. The doctor shall ascertain the best time gap for the same. You will have to take this medicine when in the room.
After taking this medicine, within a few hours you will pass out the embryo more or less just like your menstrual period. If you experience intense abdominal cramps and pain, you can take an analgesic also prescribed to you.
You can expect to bleed heavily for a few hours which will slow down after 6-8 hours. Then, the bleeding shall stop within a week. If it stops, your abortion was complete. However, if not, you may need to schedule an appointment.
Wait! If you want a better, efficient, painless, short abortion method, then look at AHB’s Gentle Care suction abortion.
Gentle care suction abortion at AHB:
Even if you are eligible for a medical abortion, you can obtain a Gentle Care suction abortion up to 12 weeks. This method is available with personalized abortion care for unmarried girls only at AHB.
A gentle Care suction abortion is a short, non-invasive, painless, in-clinic abortion method. The doctor gently pulls out the pregnancy. The doctor uses a manual aspirator in a comfortable and private setting.
- It takes not more than 3-5 minutes and the method is absolutely painless.
- No abdominal cramping. Pregnancy gently comes out within the clinic. So, no abdominal cramps or pain.
- Since it is nearly 100% efficient, you can leave the clinic with the confidence that you are no longer pregnant.
- You can get an abortion on the same appointment itself. Most girls take discharge in less than 15-30 minutes after the procedure. Until then, you can rest in a private room. A caring and friendly nurse will stay by your side to help you with anything you may need.
- You can resume your routine activities the following day. After discharge, you can return to your booked room. And travel back to Dubai the following day. Unlike medical abortion, you may not need to wait to be sure of procedural success.
- Since the procedure is non-invasive, it will not impact your future pregnancies. You can try getting pregnant naturally whenever you are ready. It will also prevent any internal injury and hence there are no long-term risks post-abortion.
- You will receive post-abortion recovery guidelines that will help you heal early and start new beginnings.
Gentle Care surgical abortion at AHB:
In case you miss the 12-week mark, you can still obtain an abortion up to 20 weeks. However, the method shall be mildly invasive. Although it is known as a surgical abortion, Gentle Care surgical abortion is quite different. It is gentle.
It is also a short and quick procedure but may take up to 15-30 minutes to completely empty the womb. The procedure is most likely performed under general or local anesthesia. The anesthetist may decide the best for you. This makes the procedure painless.
It is also an efficient method and you can return to Dubai with the confidence of successful abortion. The abortion gets complete within the clinic and hence there is no waiting period. You can rest overnight or for the next day also before you return to Dubai.
All your personal and medical details are safest at American Hospital Bangalore (AHB). The hospital’s gentle care approach is towards the patient’s safety in terms of her health as well as her privacy. And forget about being judged. You can check patient reviews where they mention how safe and free they felt during and after an abortion at the best abortion hospital in India.
- 6 things you must know before buying abortion pills in UAE
- The period after abortion: What to expect, how to deal with
- Up to how many weeks can you have a medical abortion?
- Do abortions hurt? How long does the pain last?
- What is it like to have an abortion in your country?