Abortion in Indonesia Vs Abortion in India
Contents of this post:
A woman’s right to choose what to do with her body is a highly contested and sensitive topic, especially when it comes to abortion. In Indonesia, abortion is only allowed in cases of rape, incest, or when the mother’s life is in danger. However, many women are unaware of this and end up seeking illegal abortions, which are often unsafe. In contrast, abortion in India is much more liberal.
The Indian government permits abortion under a wider range of circumstances, including when the pregnancy poses a risk to the physical or mental health of the woman, when the fetus is disabled, or when the pregnancy is a result of contraception failure and in critical circumstances like rape.
Foreign nationals are also allowed to have an abortion in India. Foreign nationals who come to India to get an abortion are not subject to any criminal penalties. With its liberal abortion laws and widespread availability of medical facilities, it can be a viable choice for foreign nationals seeking to exercise their reproductive rights.
So, what’s the difference between the two countries? And why is India more liberal when it comes to abortion? And why choose India? Read on to find out!
Current Situation in Indonesia Regarding Abortions
Abortion is a deeply personal and often polarizing topic, and the laws surrounding it can vary significantly from country to country. In Indonesia, the current abortion laws are somewhat restrictive, with abortion only allowed in certain circumstances. Although abortion in Indonesia is not technically illegal, it is only allowed in certain circumstances.
Under Indonesian law, abortion is only permitted if the pregnancy poses a risk to the woman’s life or health, or if the pregnancy is the result of rape or incest. Even in these cases, women must obtain written approval from a doctor before undergoing the procedure.
According to a recent study, as many as one in four pregnancies in Indonesia now ends in an unsafe abortion. There have been a number of cases in recent years where women have been arrested and imprisoned for having abortions. This has led to a great deal of debate and controversy, both inside and outside of Indonesia.
This is a tragic situation, as unsafe abortions can lead to all sorts of complications, including death. In Indonesia, the problem is compounded by the fact that many women do not have access to proper reproductive healthcare. This means that they often do not know how to properly care for themselves after an unsafe abortion, which can lead to even more health-related issues.
The current situation regarding abortion in Indonesia is complex.
The Legal Status of Abortion in India
Abortion is a highly sensitive and ever-changing topic, not just in India but all over the world. There are many different legalities and regulations surrounding abortion, and these can vary greatly from country to country.
The Medical Termination of Pregnancy Act of 2021, which was passed by the Indian Parliament in 2021, revises the Medical Termination of Pregnancy Act of 1971 and has made several important changes to the legal framework surrounding abortion in India.
One of the most notable changes is the dropping of the “married clause,” which previously required women seeking abortions to be married. This requirement was discriminatory and placed unnecessary barriers on women’s access to reproductive healthcare.
Another significant change in the Act is the increase in the gestation limit for abortions. The new Act has increased this limit to 20 weeks for all women, recognizing that there may be valid medical or personal reasons for terminating a pregnancy later in its course. For certain severe cases, it may be allowed up to 24 weeks.
Confidentiality is another important aspect of the Act. It ensures that the identity of women seeking abortions is kept confidential and protected from public disclosure. Only a person designated by law may receive information on a woman whose pregnancy has been terminated from the certified medical practitioner.
The Act also outlines the circumstances under which abortions are permitted. Let’s take a look at them.
- One of the main permissible circumstances for abortion in India is if the pregnancy is the consequence of a failed contraception method. It’s the most prevalent cause of unplanned pregnancies.
- When the pregnancy poses a risk to the life or physical or mental health of the woman. This can include situations where continuing the pregnancy could be detrimental to the woman’s overall health and well-being, or where there are serious medical complications that could arise. Also if the woman’s socioeconomic circumstances make it difficult for her to continue the pregnancy.
- Another permissible circumstance is when there are fetal abnormalities. In some cases, the fetus may have a severe or life-threatening condition that is incompatible with life outside of the womb. In these situations, terminating the pregnancy may be the most compassionate and humane course of action.
- Pregnancies resulting from rape or incest are also considered permissible grounds for abortion in India. These situations can be particularly traumatic for the woman involved, and the decision to terminate the pregnancy may be made in the best interests of her mental and emotional health.
Abortions in India are not only legal but pro women as well. It is available to women from other countries as well if they want to terminate a pregnancy.
You may reach out to us for consultation with top-tier gynecologists at India’s premier abortion facility, American Hospital, Bangalore.
What Are the Benefits of Choosing India for Your Abortions?
There are many reasons why India is a popular destination for women seeking abortions. The country has a long history of providing high-quality abortions, and there are a number of reputable clinics and hospitals to choose from.
First, abortion is legal in India. This means that you will not have to worry about breaking the law when you have an abortion. Second, India has a number of experienced abortion providers. This means that you can be confident you will receive high-quality care.
Another benefit of choosing abortion in India for Indonesian women is that the country has a number of laws and regulations in place to protect women’s rights. This ensures that you will be able to get the abortion you need without having to worry about the legalities or your safety.
The bottom line is that it is a difficult and personal decision that each woman must make for herself. If you are considering an abortion, be sure to do your research and talk to a medical professional to ensure that you are making the best decision for your health and safety.
For any queries, you can reach out to our medical expert at American Hospital Bangalore.
Why Choose American Hospital, Bangalore for a
Safe Abortion in India?
American Hospital is a premier, MTP certified hospital in Bangalore dedicated to providing safe and legal abortions. Our hospital is committed to providing the best possible care for our patients and ensuring that they feel comfortable and safe during their visit.
At American Hospital Bangalore, we understand that there are many difficult decisions that come with an unplanned pregnancy. We want you to know that you have options and we are here to help you through this process.
AHB adheres to the World Health Organization’s (WHO) Comprehensive Abortion Care (CAC) standards for safe abortions based on pregnancy duration. They are as follows:
- Up to 6 to 8 weeks into the pregnancy, the medical abortion can be done with pills.
- Gentle Care suction abortions can be done for up to 12 weeks.
- For up to 20 weeks, you can have a Gentle Care surgical abortion or the Dilatation and Evacuation (D&E) abortion.
With years of experience and a team of expert medical professionals, it is the best abortion hospital offering complete care to women who need abortions. From providing safe and confidential, MTP certified abortions to giving unbiased information about all your options, we are here to support you through every step of the process.
Gentle Care abortions at American Hospital, Bangalore
Abortions performed with the Gentle Care Abortion method have proven time and again to be safe, legal, confidential, quick & painless, single-appointment procedures. Our team consists of medical experts with extensive years of expertise, along with highly qualified assistant nurses and paramedical professionals. As an added safety measure, our whole staff is certified and has received extensive international training in providing safe abortion procedures.
Gentle Care suction abortion (For up to 12 weeks)
Suction abortion is a procedure that involves the use of a suction device to perform the abortion. In comparison, medical abortion involves taking medication to end a pregnancy.
One reason why Gentle Care suction abortion may be a better option than medical abortion is that it is generally more effective. And is also faster than medical abortion. The procedure can be completed in as little as 10-15 minutes, while a medical abortion can take several days to complete. This can be a significant advantage for women who are seeking to end their pregnancies as quickly as possible.
Another advantage of suction abortion is that it is generally less painful than medical abortion. While both procedures can cause discomfort and cramping, Gentle Care suction abortion is typically less painful and has a lower risk of complications.
Gentle Care Surgical Abortion (For up to 12-20 weeks)
Gentle Care surgical abortion can be used in the first 12-14 weeks of pregnancy and has a good success rate. Dilation and evacuation (D&E) is a procedure that is generally used in the second trimester of pregnancy, from around 12-20 weeks. It involves the use of suction and instruments, such as forceps, to remove the contents of the uterus.
You are not alone. We are here to help you through this difficult time. We also offer counseling and support services to help you through this tough time. Our staff is here to answer any questions you may have and to provide you with the resources you need.
We also understand that this is a difficult time for you, and we will do everything we can to make the process as easy as possible. We are here to provide support and guidance through every step of the process.
Please contact us to schedule a consultation so that we can discuss your individual needs and what we can do to help.
Plan a Trip to American Hospital, Bangalore from Indonesia
Are you planning a trip to American Hospital in Bangalore, India from Indonesia?
Visiting American Hospital in Bangalore from Indonesia is a pretty straightforward process, especially if you’re prepared ahead of time. Don’t stress out over traveling or even regarding the abortion.
Here are a few things you can do in order to make your trip go smoothly:
- Firstly, determine how far along you are in your pregnancy. Schedule an online consultation with an AHB physician so that they can guide you towards your next step.
- Or you can straightaway get in touch with the coordinator to find out when the first slot for abortion is available. You may contact them via phone, or you can use the WhatsApp helpline.
- You may view flight times and make a reservation by going to: https://www.skyscanner.co.in/routes/cgki/blr/jakarta-to-bengaluru.html
- Make sure you have a valid passport and all of the necessary travel documents.
- Please continue to keep the coordinator posted. You can come straight to the hospital if you arrive on time for your scheduled appointment. Or, if you arrive outside of hospital hours or want to relax, you may take an Uber from the airport to your booked accommodation.
- Once you arrive at American Hospital, Bangalore you will be able to receive the best possible medical care. The staff is very professional and helpful, and they will do everything they can to ensure that you are comfortable and well-cared for. If you need any help during your stay, don’t hesitate to contact us.
If you are seeking an abortion in India for foreigners, we encourage you to choose MTP certified American Hospital, Bangalore. It is immensely important that you choose a place where abortions are performed by a licensed medical professional through legal and safe means.
Don’t hesitate to schedule a consultation call with us.
- Abortion at 6 weeks pregnancy – What do you need to know?
- Abortion at 5 weeks pregnancy – What you need to know?
- The period after abortion: What to expect, how to deal with
- Abortion at 4 weeks pregnancy – What you need to know?
- Up to how many weeks can you have a medical abortion?